Friday, March 30, 2012

Perspectives Defined in Analysis Cube not working in Report Builder

I have created a simple cube in BI Studio against an Oracle Relational Data Warehouse. In this cube I have created a perspective in which I have selected (included) only a small subset of measures and dimension. When I view this perspective on the Browse Tab of BI Studio, only the entities that were included in the perspective were available for report construction as was expected.

Next, I generated a model for this cube in Report Manager. Now here is the problem, I then opended the model in Report Builder and selected the same perspective from above, but all of the Entities in the cube were displayed including the fields I explicitely did not include in the perspective. I then looked at the .smdl file describing the Model and it looked like in the Perspective description section all of the cube's entities were included, even the ones that should not have been included. It seems as if the problem is ocurring durring the model generation. I also tried generating the model in Management Studio and it seems to be doing the same thing.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Could I be doing something wrong(probably)? I have to give a presentation soon and this is a big deal for the Project Stakeholders.

By the way, I am using the 180 Day Evaluation of Sql Server 2005 with SP2 CTP installed.

Help!!!!

Certainly the perspective in the Report Model should reflect the definition in the cube.

Does this apply to all the perspectives in the cube, if you define multiple of them?

|||Sorry for my delayed response. The answer to your question is yes, my previous message applied to all of the perspectives in the cube. And I have had the same problem on multiple cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment