Friday, March 30, 2012

Pesky Home Page

I can't seem to get my home page to stay put. SOMEHOW, my
home page is from some th.msie.cc/index.php?aid=2003 and
I cannot get rid of it. It has made itself my default
home page. I don't know where in the heck it came from in
the first place...probably my husband and his dirty web
sites !! Please HELP!!RUn internet Explorer. then choose the Tools menu, -> Internet Options... ON
the general tab there is a box where you can set the home page... You can
choose Use Default or set it whereever ie( www.msn.com)
Good luck
Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
Computer Education Services Corporation (CESC), Charlotte, NC
www.computeredservices.com
(Please respond only to the newsgroups.)
I support the Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS) and it's
community of SQL Server professionals.
www.sqlpass.org
"Atlantis" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1345401c41200$34f0c1f0$a101280a@.phx
.gbl...
> I can't seem to get my home page to stay put. SOMEHOW, my
> home page is from some th.msie.cc/index.php?aid=2003 and
> I cannot get rid of it. It has made itself my default
> home page. I don't know where in the heck it came from in
> the first place...probably my husband and his dirty web
> sites !! Please HELP!!|||This may not be enough because such spyware will overwrite the homepage on s
tartup. Download a copy of SpyBot and/or Adaware. Both will scan and kill sp
ywares.|||
>--Original Message--
>This may not be enough because such spyware will
overwrite the homepage on startup. Download a copy of
SpyBot and/or Adaware. Both will scan and kill spywares.
>.
>Thanks for the help you gave. I ended up installing a
SpyKiller and it has eliminated the problem. The real
problem was solved, through much trial and error, by
going into the registry and resetting the home page and
search site to the web address I desired. I discovered,
too, that all of this was caused when I downloaded AOL
onto my computer. The media player needed for the 9.0 has
the spyware in it and overwrites the homepage settings
for Internet Explorer. I, of course, uninstalled AOL and
went back to Bell South where I was relatively
safe...except for the terrible experience I had with
their Accelerator. DO NOT download it. BellSouth even
says that it is only experimental!!
Again...Thanks!!|||I had the same problem. SpyBot and Ad-ware do not cure it. Delete a file c
:/windows/dp.dll, if you can. I couldn't delete it, but I renamed it, and m
y homepage stays put, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment