Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Persistent BI Studio Crashes

I am wondering if anyone has experienced the same persistent BI Studio crashes that I have. I can get the BI Studio to crash by simply opening a report and toggling back and forth on the Data/Layout/Preview tabs.

Here are the steps:

Launch BI Studio
Open Solution
Open Report in designer (layout tab defaulted)
Click Preview tab, then View Report button
Toggle tab to Layout, then Data, then back to Layout, then Preview

Boom...Visual Studio throws an exception and I lose all changes.

It happened about 20 times yesterday.

I have a solution with one Analysis Services project and one Reporting Services project. Should I keep my solutions to one project?

Am I on a stable version of the software?

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
Version 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 2.0.50727

Installed Edition: IDE Standard

SQL Server Analysis Services
Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Designer
Version 9.00.1399.00

SQL Server Integration Services
Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Designer
Version 9.00.1399.00

SQL Server Reporting Services
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Designers
Version 9.00.1399.00

Any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am not seeing that, but did you create the report in the report wizard, or by hand?

I am having similar problems when I use the wizard to create a report.

BobP

|||

I have been getting this. I now have a erport that is just 1 table, based on a dataset which is getting data from the sysdtslog90 table.

When ever I go to preview BI studio crashes.

Faulting application devenv.exe, version 8.0.50727.42, stamp 4333e699, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, stamp 411096b4, debug? 0, fault address 0x0001eb33.

|||Same problem here. Has anyone found anything further on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment