Friday, March 30, 2012

personal edition question

I'm looking for a way to introduce my product, which runs on SQL Server, to
prospective customers to try out. In this case performance or number of
client licenses are not an issue, one client can be fine. I need them to be
able to use it for a while before asking them to shell out $1400 (or much
more) for Standard Edition to go into multi-user production. It seems SQL
Server Personal Edition is not for sale by itself, yet this is precisely the
edition I would use for any such "trial" purpose. Is there a way I can go
cheaper than Standard Edition for cases such as these? I would use the
Evaluation edition which lasts 120 days, but from what I read it's probably
illegal to use in this case, no?
Anna
anna cypher wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to introduce my product, which runs on SQL
> Server, to prospective customers to try out. In this case performance
> or number of client licenses are not an issue, one client can be
> fine. I need them to be able to use it for a while before asking them
> to shell out $1400 (or much more) for Standard Edition to go into
> multi-user production. It seems SQL Server Personal Edition is not
> for sale by itself, yet this is precisely the edition I would use for
> any such "trial" purpose. Is there a way I can go cheaper than
> Standard Edition for cases such as these? I would use the Evaluation
> edition which lasts 120 days, but from what I read it's probably
> illegal to use in this case, no?
> Anna
MSDE is free.
David Gugick
Quest Software
www.imceda.com
www.quest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment