Friday, March 30, 2012

PF numbers

Hello!
I am puzzled by PF Usage numbers reported on our SQL server. It is SQL
Server 2000 (SP3a) running on Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with 12 GB of
RAM. SQL Server is restricted to 10GB. There is only one page file 2046MB.
When I open Task Manager PF Usage numbers are 10.3 GB. I am not sure how
this number is calculated. According to help : It is 'The amount of paging
file being used by the system.' Considering I have paging file 2GB big how
come Task Manager shows 10.3 GB?
Thanks you in advance,
IgorHi
Have you checked that the Page File is not also on other discs?
What does performance monitor show for this?
John
"imarchenko" wrote:

> Hello!
> I am puzzled by PF Usage numbers reported on our SQL server. It is SQL
> Server 2000 (SP3a) running on Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with 12 GB of
> RAM. SQL Server is restricted to 10GB. There is only one page file 2046MB.
> When I open Task Manager PF Usage numbers are 10.3 GB. I am not sure how
> this number is calculated. According to help : It is 'The amount of paging
> file being used by the system.' Considering I have paging file 2GB big how
> come Task Manager shows 10.3 GB?
>
> Thanks you in advance,
> Igor
>
>|||John,
There is only one Page File located on drive C.
Igor
"John Bell" <jbellnewsposts@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ABD53369-1AEC-4893-A353-58DE3D716359@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hi
> Have you checked that the Page File is not also on other discs?
> What does performance monitor show for this?
> John
> "imarchenko" wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment